Nickel Safe Ice Machine Cleaner Bottle - 16 oz.
Click here to get the price of Nu-Calgon 428734 Ice Machine Cleaner 16 oz
Exactly how to Clean Nickel Residential Ice Makers
- Use safety goggles as well as rubber gloves when working with nickel-safe cleaners, which could cause irritability to eyes and skin.
- Separate the power to the ice maker by disconnecting your refrigerator, or by transforming the ice maker regulates to the "Off" stance.
- Take out the ice cube bin as well as unload any sort of ice inside. Set the bin aside.
- Load a pail with 1 gallon of warm water and add concerning 3 ozs of nickel-safe ice machine cleaner. Enable a few minutes for the cleaner to liquefy in the water.
- Remove the ice maker water trough, drain pan and also provide tube. Remove simply the components that are detachable. This will certainly vary relying on the brand as well as version of ice maker you have; refer to your proprietor's manual for details on just what could be taken out and ways to eliminate it.
- Soak a sponge or clean towel in the option. Clean the nickel-plated components of the ice maker, the ice storage bin and the ice maker closet.
- Wash the cleaner residue away using a new fabric as well as clean water.
- Place the gotten rid of parts of the ice maker in the container of cleaning solution. Permit these sit for about HALF AN HOUR.
- Take out each component from the solution and scrub to eliminate the scale accumulation with a cleaning brush.
- Rinse each part extensively with clean water and established them on a towel to dry. When the parts are completely dry, reinstall each in the ice maker as well as turn the power back on.
- Mix a new remedy using 5 ozs nickel-safe cleaner to one gallon of warm water. Hang around a couple of minutes for the cleaner to dissolve as well as pour the solution into the ice machine's water trough.
- Leave the solution to circulate with the ice maker for at the very least 10 mins and then turn the ice maker off.
- Drain the solution by removing the drainpipe plug, which is usually found in the drainpipe pan.
- Replace the drain plug as well as load the water trough with clean water. Turn the machine back on to permit this water circulate and also rinse away the cleaner residue.
- Drain the rinse water and also reboot the ice maker. Discard the first set of ice, which might have some cleaning residue in it.
Read Also: How to cleaning your Portable Ice Machine